Welcome to Sherman Elementary!
We're excited to have your family join the Sherman Shark community.
Below is useful information on our two main communications channels: SharkNet, our private intranet site; and our email listserv. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out and contact us.
School starts at 7:50am. All Kindergarten students should have a backpack, a folder, lunch bag / snack, and extra clothing that can stay at school with their names labeled on everything (accidents do happen!).
Download the official New Parent Handbook here
SAVE THE DATES!
- Saturday, May 12, 2018: Sherman Garden Party, 11 AM - 2 PM
- Join current and incoming families in Sherman's garden for a fun, kid-centered garden party. Opportunity to meet other Sherman families and introduce incoming students to their new garden!
- Friday, June 1, 2018: Kindergarten Orientation, 2:30 - 3:30 PM
- This is a chance have all your questions answered, and to ask any that are left unanswered! A presentation by Kindergarten teachers, PTA representatives, and afterschool staff will be followed by a visit to the Kindergarten classrooms. Refreshments served. Children are welcome to attend!
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR NEW KINDER FAMILIES!
Fill out this form so your child's teacher knows where your child should transition after school. Please give this to your child's teacher on first day of school. (Classroom teacher assignments will be posted the weekend before August 21.)
What is SharkNet?
SharkNet is Sherman’s internal website, also known as an “intranet.” It is a “wiki” site, meaning that any Sherman community member with password-protected access may modify the site. It is the tool families, volunteer coordinators, and staff use to communicate internal updates, events, and volunteer needs at the school.
It is important to keep your email address updated on this site as it is used to “broadcast” messages to you quickly (especially in cases of school-wide emergency), and send reminders when something is just around the corner.
Link to SharkNet at SharkNet.ShermanSchool.org. As new families, you will need to complete a “New Family” form in order to get your individualized login.
- Front page info on the most current school news
- School calendar of events
- Home pages for each classroom
- Directory of family contact information
- News and announcements
- Volunteer opportunities
- Fundraising info and ways to support the school
NOTE: Access to this site is for the use of current Sherman families and staff only. Directory information is strictly for school-related purposes. SharkNet is self-regulated; look for SharkNet trainings offered in the fall.
Our email listserv is for the exclusive use of our community to supplement the formal school communications and notices that are sent home through our student's folders. This is the way we get school information to you on an ongoing, weekly basis.
PTA Officers and the Principal will post outgoing messages; it is not set up as a discussion group.
To join our listserv, please send an email to email@example.com and give your name, email address, child's grade-level, and an invitation to join will be emailed to you.
Join now to be up-to-date on all current Sherman information!